Wednesday, February 09, 2005

philo on love

During senior college, I asked a long, lost friend of mine what his philosophy on love is. This is what he has to say:

The word love has been so abused by the world that its true meaning has been almost completely lost. One is so quick to use the word love that its depth is clouded by passion, infatuation and the like, thus, losing its true, deep meaning. LOVE nowadays has more of the connotation of lIKE as opposed to what it truly means, though love cannot be fully explained because it is different for everyone. I believe that love should only be used when one knows it is right and I further believe that it is right when and only when that person whom you tell "I love you" is the one whom your lovelife ends with. That is, I feel, the only time the word love should be used because truly that person is the one whom you love. I don’t believe that the relationships before your true love relationship are anything more than an abuse of love because it if were true love, the relationship would not have ended. So saying "I love you" failed to hold true to its meaning.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home