Saturday, March 19, 2005

what i really wana say is...

~Little Harmless Secrets~
by LynnDakota

It's quiet at this hour,
black silence, empty noise
too late for time to be spent
moving moods into places of comfort.
too late to contemplate words
spoken, not said outloud.

Too late to understand the dance,
the pauses, no excuses,
the authority taken over being cornered.
After all, that was then....
this is now... right?
Questions were expected,
asked, dodged effectively.

Still the air hangs heavy with
so many mind games of "why"
so many chances to do the honesty thing,
I was blind-sided.
Step up to the plate...strip-it-out
be a man of your word.

Day in, day out cleaning dirty little details,
ten hours under the gun, listening
to the screams, the whines
trying to support an addiction
a need, bent on a dream
to spend money on happiness.

Foolish am I... it only hurts
when I breathe.... to get hit with
an accusation I didn't deserve.
Then the ice man blows away
the fire you'd lit in my heart.
Renders my compassion impotent,
frozen by a kiss of reality.~

And I still cannot help but love you.~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home