Saturday, July 16, 2005

impaction part 2

DISCLAIMER: The following post is a graphic and detailed account of the minor surgery i went through this afternoon. If you're too sensitive, in other words, too maarte, go away. Don't read anymore.


2 P.M.

I was late (as usual) for my dentist's appointment. My mom drove me there and decided to stay coz she wanted to have her pearls cleaned as well. ANyway, my dentist was late too. :-) As soon as he got there though, he called me in and started on my upper left ipacted tooth. He was telling me to relax coz this time, the upper teeth are easier to do than the lower teeth, which by the way, i had the lower right removed two or three months ago. He then proceed to injecting three, mind you, three anesthesia in my gums near the area of the buried tooth. Didn't feel much there but i felt my knees buckle though as i anticipate the needle. He asked his assistant for the panoramic x-ray of my teeth then went to his tray of gizmos and picked up this scissor-looking thing. I dunno what he did with it though coz the next thing he picked up was this pointed metal thing which he used to prod my tooth out. And boy, did he! Imagine something wedge into something really small and tight, that's what it looked like, i guess though i didnt see it. i swear, blood was everywhere! i heard my tooth crack and with one final pull, it gave away. When i saw my tooth, man, it was soo big and curved, i even wondered how it got there! haha. He cleaned up the left side of my mouth, had about 4 cotton balls absorb the blood before he injected again, three anesthesia, this time, in the gum area on the right impacted tooth. The steps were repeated but it took him longer this time coz the tooth was buried deep inside and its larger than the other one. His assistant even helped him hold my head steady coz every he pulls, my head moves with it. He told me to relax. Relax?! I can feel the tooth being pulled! i think the anesthesia wasn't enough. He pulls again, still the tooth wouldn't budge. He then held my tongue down, he was pressing too hard actually and tried to put more pressure on the tooth, all the while the assistant was holding my head. Another pull. I heard my tooth crack. Crap, lets get this over already. I was actually holding back tears coz it hurt! He touched a nerve which wasn't supposed to happen! He pulls again and again, my tooth cracked. Blood spatters on his shirt and into his hands when finally, with one more tug, the tooth broke loose! Success! He cleaned up the blood (which wa everywhere tlga, no exaggeration here) and then put about 4 cotton balls too to absorb the blood. Just when i thought it was over, i forgot that he had to sew pa. It went okay and quick, though i felt the thread sliding in and out of my gums. After sewing, the assistant came in and handed me a mirror. Crap, i looked like hell. It seemed like i drank blood coz my mouth had blood all over it. She cleaned it up and removed the cotton balls. I gargled and got up and walked like nothing happened.

3:28 P.M.

I walked into the receiving area of my dentist's clinic and Jenny Miller was on at ETK. JUst in time. My mom then went it for the cleaning. I can still taste blood in my mouth. Eeewww to the 10th level! And then my stomach grumbled. Great, i'm hungry. Just great, as if swallowing blood wasn't good enough.

4 P.M.

My mom and I were at Mercury drug buying medicines. I was starving! I bought canned soups, powdered soups, noodles, instant noodles... anything that's soft! I had to eat! Good thing kfc was just 3 cartwheels away, I asked my mom to buy me some mashed potatoes. Just when we were driving off, i realized there was no spoon for the mashed potatoes, shet! Starving na ko, ready to kill! We got home and I raided the utensil rack for a teaspoon ( i cant open my mouth for a tablespoon, it hurts) and had a teaspoonful of mashed potatoes. Another guess what?! I'm having trouble swallowing coz I still can't feel a thing coz of the anesthesia! Just great!!!

10:50 P.M.

Its been almost 7 hours and I'm still hungry. Ive had five teaspoons of mashed potatoes and 1 glass of water, 2 teaspoons of spaghetti and I'm still having trouble swallowing!!! Apparently, its not the anesthesia. And what's more, I'm still bleeding! I can still taste blood in my mouth!

haay, one more impacted tooth to go and i'm done.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home